Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raman Prasad's Chicken Curry

Oh my, this is delicious. One of our favorite dinners! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 chiles, seeded and chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 1/2 tsps curry powder
2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
1 1/2 cups water

Heat the oilive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic and chiles for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the salt, ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to prevet sticking.

Add the tomatoes and mix well. Stir in the chicken, mixing it with the spices. Pour in the water to cover the mixture. Cook on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is done.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Hello, I'm responding here since you had no e-mail posted in your profile. I got those rolling canvas carts online from an art store. Here's a few places to find them www.jerrysartarama.com. Just enter in "canvas cart" in the search window and it will take you right to the page with the description and price. Another possible place to order them is www.dickblick.com. Both companies are reliable and easy to order from, just compare prices and make a decision. I use them both frequently as I don't live near a major art store that carries studio equipment.

********

I see your husband has Crohns and I am so sorry. It was ruled out in my case and I was finally diagnosed with IBS and then later extreme GERD. While not as serious as Crohn's or Celiac, it's pretty painful and disabling. After many years of being ill and not knowing know, it was discovered I had Fibromyalgia and CFIDs( chronic fatigue syndrome) I don't reaally blog abou tmy illness much here at Blogger, I tend to only post about my art, the house and my hobbies, etc.

If you and your husband need support, there is an online support community called DailyStrength which I joined last Summer. It is now where I journal and interact online most. It has many diff communities and support groups, Crohn's being one of them. It's a safe place to vent and talk to others who have the same challenges.

The blogs there have privacy settings so you can control who reads what you post.

Anyhoo, it's www.dailystrength.com

Hope this was helpful to you and you can get those carts. My husband added some metal to one side of them to make them a little more stable and give me a "wall" for my office. It also doubles as a big magnet board which is handy. :-)

Take care and best wishes

~shell