Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Easier than Sick

I'm less angry today. Ha!

His Crohn's is even better. He's moved to introducing some fruits and veggies. I warned him about eating raw fruits too soon but he was craving grapes yesterday. It seems that most people are on the SCD move ahead on a slower pace than this. I guess because he wasn't as far gone as he could have been this time, he's handling the raw stuff better. I hope this is okay. I guess I'm just going to let him follow his intincts and we'll make sure we keep track of how he's feeling.

Today I asked about his emotions with all this. I said, "I'm sorry if this is hard." And he smiled at me and said. "It isn't hard." And I knew he meant that just this little bounce back up makes it all worth it. He is climbing back up.

And the foods! We're both excited about the new recipes we're going to be trying. This is the best part of this experience. New tastes, new inventions.

The other night I made a steak rub and used some of my home-grown basil. It was the first clipping I've used. It was a better dinner, somehow. It was a wonderful feeling knowing we were eating something that I had planted and taken care of myself. And all I used was basil! Imagine my attitude when the tomato and cucumber start sprouting. I'll lose my mind.

Tonight we've decided on something light. Tuna salad in lettuce wraps. I'll be making my own mayo as per this SCD recipe:

Ingredients:
1 jumbo egg
2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 - 1 1/4 cups oil
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of honey

Directions: put lemon juice and mustard and egg in blender. While the machine is running pour the oilvery slowly. It should take at least a minute. As the mayonaise thickens, the sound of the machine will change.*** It is very important to add the oil very slowly in a fine stream.

I hope it works out the way it's meant to. Tomorrow I'm planning to make a baked Tilapia Avocado recipe I found. Yum.

No comments: